Prima Uno, the specialist Project Controls, Risk and Forensic Planning, Consultancy (a BECBC member), has announced they have a new Subject Matter Expert in Planning and Project Controls for their West Cumbrian Team. Allan Hall will head up the new Forensic Lab and also Prima Uno Training.
Allan has joined the business to strengthen the existing team. There have been 9 new recruits in 2016 for Prima Uno consisting of Planning Subject Matter Experts, Programme Managers, a Risk Practitioner, Lead Planner, 2 Planners and 3 Apprentices.
Allan is a proven Planning, Project Controls and Primavera subject matter expert with outstanding knowledge of the nuclear industry. His background spans more than 15 years of Project Planning and Project Controls involving the management of portfolios containing complex multi-disciplined projects. He is a proactive leader with excellent communication skills.
Sarah Purdham of Prima Uno added “Due to the rapid growth of the business in the last two years, it is necessary to move up a gear once more to cater for new clients, projects and long term frameworks won. Having someone with Allan’s reputation and credentials assists us further, thus enabling us to grow sustainably for the future. It is also a great opportunity for our younger members of staff to learn from Allan.
Allan will bolster and strengthen the Training Company and The Lab; we are absolutely delighted to have him on board.
2016 has been Prima Uno’s most successful yet!
The installation and commissioning of forensic SCRA (schedule, cost, risk and analysis) laboratory at their offices in Cleator Moor.
- The formation of new and already successful P4M a portfolio, programme and project management consultancy.
- The formation of ‘Prima Uno Training’ established to provide specialist Project Controls training courses for Gen2 and other companies in West Cumbria.
- Company policy is to source all products and services locally including caterers, printers, tradesmen, stationery and computer supplies etc.
- Socio economic commitment to West Cumbria including the employment of local apprentices, sponsorship of local events, supporting local charities and staff carrying out voluntary work with local organisations.
- Extensive plans for further expansion including larger offices and the employment of more staff (including apprentices).
- Inspiring people within the Company to realise and achieve their full potential through self-belief, encouragement, training, qualifications and increased responsibility.
Prima Uno is currently strengthening its management infrastructure and has recently appointed a QMS Manager. Further measures between now and the end of this calendar year include the following:
- The appointment of an Office Manager
- Relocation to new purchased larger office premises, which have already been identified and a new office in London.
- The employment of new members of staff (incl apprentices)
- The Company is now operating a Quality Management System that meets the requirements of ISO 9001 2015. One of the Company’s objectives is to achieve certification by 31/12/16.This will open up new opportunities with major clients across other industry sectors.
- We are one of the first Cumbrian businesses to gain the essential Cyber Security Essentials Requirement. We collaborated with two businesses of the BECBC to gain this accreditation.
The Company policy is to employ as many local apprentices as possible and this has recently been increased by 50%. Recent research in September has shown that Prima Uno is now one of the largest employer of apprentices in West Cumbria.
Since Prima Uno was established in 2012, its main aim has been to grow the business into a nationally respected specialist consultancy. Alongside this ambition, Managing Director Sarah Purdham also wanted to set up a ‘Centre of Excellence’, enabling more people in West Cumbria to become nationally respected Project Control specialists.