London Underground Ltd
Prima Uno assisted on a consultancy basis for Transport for London to plan and cost the works which would contribute to the CTP programme.
Cooling the Tube Project (CTP) was a 5 year programme with a budget of £439 million. The programme is aimed to deliver cooling solutions with the LU Infrastructure or on its rolling stock and comprised of work covering; civil and structural engineering, mechanical and electrical equipment and systems, rolling stock and ventilation systems.
The Cooling the Tube programme has been established to implement solutions that will tackle heat on the LU network, both now and in the future. Higher heat levels are due to service increases (including planned line upgrades) and the consequent increases in energy consumption, which generates heat as a by-product. The problem is compounded by heat absorbed into the earth and clay surrounding the tunnel walls.
- 2007 project management and project creation commenced
- 2008 Quick wins: summer 2008 campaign rollout
- 2008 Victoria line mid-tunnel vents – start on site
- 2008 Euston ticket hall chiller
- 2009 Quick wins: summer 2009 campaign rollout
- 2009 Victoria line – first four mid-tunnel ventilation
- shaft upgrades
- 2009 Evaporative cooling trial complete
- 2012 Victoria line mid-tunnel vents: all sites